Have a taste of the beautiful coast of Spain with a seafood paella! The aromatic saffron with tasty shellfish is the perfect combination. It’s a little tricky to make, but the end result is worth it.
- In a saucepan, add the fish stock, saffron and 1 crushed garlic clove. Bring the stock to the boil.
- In a large cast iron pan, add the olive oil and fry the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining garlic cloves and peppers and continue to fry until soft.
- Add the paprika and cayenne to the onions then add the tin of tomatoes and allow the mixture to simmer.
- Chop half the parsley and add to the tomato mixture.
- Add the paella rice to the pan and mix in well.
- Add the stock from the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and keep the pan simmering. Continue to cook the rice for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Shake the pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the prawns, squid, and mussels over the rice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan with foil and let the paella rest for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the paella with parsley and squeeze the lemon over and serve.