This delicious crab and salmon quiche recipe is the perfect lunchtime treat and even better for a picnic in the park.
- Heat an oven to 180˚C and line a tart tin with the pastry, making sure its well greased. Using baking beads on top of greaseproof paper, bake the pastry for 10 minutes until lightly cooked.
- In a saucepan, add the milk, bayleaf, and peppercorns to bring to a simmer. Add the salmon and lightly poach for 4-6 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the milk mixture but keep the poaching milk. Lightly flake the salmon onto the pastry case.
- Whisk together the eggs, 50g of cheese and the brown crab meat.
- Drain the milk mixture and add the cream to it. Add this mixture to the eggs.
- Lightly sprinkle the white crab meat over the pastry and the tomatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry case and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the egg mixture is cooked and the cheese is melted and bubbling.